Deadline noon, July 22, 2016
Keep Cocke County Beautiful seeks an Executive Director who will lead the organization to ensure that the mission, strategy, values are carried out through responsible program administration and development of services and resources. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions. KCCB Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of KCCB to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position. Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support KCCB’s mission.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Prefer bachelor’s or associate degree or years of non-profit work experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of KCCB’s strategic future to board and volunteers
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer groups
- Experience as a leader of an organization with a demonstrated record of accomplishment in creating and implementing sustained growth strategies in a non- profit environment
- Knowledge of youth development and volunteer management
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in fund development and board relations
- Proven leadership, management and team building skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial approach to the use of variable resources
- Must be self motivated, responsible and able to work independently
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and proper vehicle insurance
- Must pass a background check
- Serving as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in all decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of KCCB
- Supervise, collaborate to organize events
- To impart information regarding the importance of the Keep Cocke County Beautiful mission of litter prevention and cleanup, recycling of used items, beautification and proper stewardship of our environment to students served by Cocke County’s Schools.
- Arrange with school principals and for school coordinators to integrate the KCCB mission with the required curriculum. Commit a minimum of 20 hours per month to the educational in-class effort.
Interested candidates who meet the indentified competencies and qualifications should submit the a cover letter, resume and contact information to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Only eligible applicants will be interviewed.
Do not call Keep Cocke County Beautiful to inquire about the position. Deadline is noon, July 22, 2016.